Shipbuilding Gantry Crane
A shipbuilding gantry crane is a heavy-duty gantry crane for shipbuilding at the shipyard. It can carry out hoisting, transport, flipping, and closing of ship bodies and workpieces.
Description of Shipbuilding Gantry Crane:
A shipbuilding gantry crane is a gantry crane designed for shipbuilding with a big lifting capacity, large span, high lifting height, multiple functions, and high efficiency. It is especially suitable for segmented transportation, end-to-end connection, and rotary operation of large hulls. The shipbuilding gantry crane is mainly used in the manufacturing of ships and docks.
Advantages of Shipbuilding Gantry Crane:
Compared with the traditional gantry crane, a large shipbuilding gantry crane has obvious advantages in the installation and transportation of hull sections. It straddles the dock (berth) and can provide on-site assembly service in the dock. It not only has the functions of lifting and horizontal transportation but also can realize the turning of the hull and adjust the fragment to the welding position required by the ship.
Features of Shipbuilding Gantry Crane:
1) It has multiple functions of single hanging, hoisting, turnover, slight horizontal turnover in the air, and so on;
2) The gantry falls into two categories: single girder gantry crane and double girder gantry crane. To rationally utilize materials, the girder adopts the optimum design of variable section;
3) The gantry rigid legs with a single column and double column type for customer choice.
4) Both the upper trolley and the lower trolley can cross each other for operation;
5) All the hoisting mechanism and traveling mechanism adopts frequency conversion speed regulation;
6) On the top of the girder at the side of the rigid leg is equipped a jib crane for maintenance of upper and lower trolley;
7) In order to prevent the storm attack, such safe and reliable anti-wind devices as rail clamp and ground anchor are equipped.