A circuit breaker is used to cut off the fault circuit of the power supply system of the gantry crane or bridge crane. The circuit breaker should be heavy-duty, quick make, quick break type. The rating of the switch will be so chosen as to get complete protection by associated O/L relay or fuse under all normal/abnormal conditions such as full load, overload, locked rotor, short circuit, etc., the circuit breaker will be provided with overload/short-circuit protective device.
1. Application: Cut off fault circuit.
2. It is usually composed of a contact system, arc extinguishing system, operating mechanism, release, and shell.
3. Two types: low voltage circuit breaker and high voltage circuit breaker. The demarcation line is not very clear, more than 3KV is usually called a high voltage circuit breaker.
4. Its function is to protect the power circuit and electric motor.
5. Low voltage circuit breaker, also known as an air switch, is used to turn on or turn off the load circuit. It also could be used to control the infrequently started motors.
6. Brands: CHNT, Schneider, ABB, or other brands available.