Gantry Crane for Precast Beam
A gantry crane for precast beam handling is a rail-mounted or rubber tire gantry crane to lift and move precast beams or bridges for construction of road, highway, railway, etc.
Description of Gantry Crane for Precast Beam:
This gantry crane is for hoisting or moving of precast concrete beams or bridges. So, it is an important equipment for the construction of highway, railway, viaduct, etc. There are 2 kinds of gantry cranes for beam handling: rail-mounted gantry crane and rubber tire gantry crane.
Structure of Gantry Crane for Precast Beam:
This gantry crane is composed of main girder, supporting legs, crane traveling mechanism, hoisting mechanism, electric control system, hydraulic system, cabin, handrails, ladder and walkway, etc.
Application of Gantry Crane for Precast Beam:
Rail mounted gantry crane for beam hoisting is usually used for lifting railway beams within 1,000t, which is driven by generators on it. The crane travels on rails in 2 directions: straight and horizontal.
Gantry crane for beam moving is mainly used for railroad construction for concrete beam moving. Two gantry cranes (500t, 450t) or one gantry crane (1,000t, 900t) with two lifting points to handle beams can be used.
Features of Rail-Mounted Gantry Crane:
1. Lifting With special spreader;
2. Two cranes, two trolleys, and maximum lifting height: 12m;
3. The concrete beam is parallel to the rail of crane;
4. Max. wheel load is 22t when lifting rated load 900t beam;
5. Carry out 90°steering on straight and horizontal tracks;
6. 4 points hoisting, 3- point balancing to ensure wire rope balancing and landing accurately;
7. The trolley adopts hydraulic push pole to realize different beam hoisting to save cost;
8. Totally 4 winch trolleys, independent drive is realized, 2-2 drive or 4 simultaneous drive.
Features of Rubber-Tire Gantry Crane:
1. The crane traveling, steering and hoisting of the rubber tire gantry crane are all driven by hydraulic, which can realize straight, oblique and horizontal traveling, etc.
2. Strong adaptability, high work efficiency, small land occupation, need no rails, etc. Thus, it is widely used for lifting beam, moving beam and loading in high-speed railway construction.