Safety Operation Guide for Crane Operator
1. Crane drivers are special operators, who must accept the professional safety technical training, pass the examination and obtain the Special Equipment Safety Operation Certificate, be familiar with the national standard command signals.
2. Check carefully the machinery, electrical appliances, control systems, safety protection devices, safety devices, signal devices, and fire extinguishers, to confirm the interlock and limit device are flexible and reliable, and they shall be recorded in the shift record book;
3. Drivers shall walk and get up and down on the designated safe passages and dedicated platforms. The driver must concentrate on the operation, and are not allowed to engage in distracting activities (playing with mobile phones, chatting, etc.). The crane should ring the bell first when starting, hoisting, placing objects, asking for avoidance or prompting attention.
4．The driver must press the signal of the lifting commander, and can operate after getting the accurate command signal. When the command signal is unclear, the driver shall use the bell to send out a repeated signal to confirm the commander, and the operation can be carried out only after the command intention is clear.
5. When lifting heavy tonnage objects, test lifting must be carried out before lifting. Lift the heavy objects within 30 cm of the ground or support, stop and observe, and confirm that the slings, lifting objects, and the crane are stable, and there is no abnormality or abnormal noise before lifting.
6. In the event of multiple (two or more) commanding or illegal commanding, the driver has the right to refuse the operation.
7. When using the sling to lift, turn over, and transfer, you must observe it, keep away from objects with edges, corners and openings, and prevent the sling from breaking and causing accidents due to touch. For cranes with main and auxiliary hooks, raise the unused hooks to the top during operation. It is strictly forbidden to use two hooks to lift two objects at the same time, and it is forbidden to operate three handles or buttons at the same time.
8. If someone is in the dangerous area. Do not use the crane. When the hook is close to the lifting limiter, and the crane or trolley are near the terminal to meet other cranes, the speed should be slowed down, and use the jog operation. Reverse operation is not allowed to replace the brake operation, don’t use limiter replaces the parking, don’t use emergency stop switch replaces the ordinary switch. Objects long stay hanging are not allowed.
9. If there is a sudden power failure during operation, the switch handle must be turned to the "zero" position, and the hanging object is not put down or the sling is not unhooked, and it is not allowed to leave the driver's cab. If the power cannot recover for a while, corresponding measures should be taken (slowly loosening the lifting brake manually) to lower the hanging object.
10. If the brake fails and the hanging object slides down automatically during the hoisting, the driver must keep calm. First of all, sound a warning to make other personals quickly avoid it, and at the same time, the reverse jog shall be done, move the hanging object to the empty space, and slowly drop the hanging object to the ground.
11. When the open-air crane encounters heavy rain, lightning, heavy fog or strong winds above level 6, relevant emergency plans should be installed and implemented. Stop the work, cut off the power, lock with the rail clamp and plug the iron shoes at the same time, and insert the anchoring device.
12. After the work is over, the crane shall stop at the specified position, raise the hook, drive the trolley to the end, and return all the control handles to the "zero" position to cut off the power supply. The open-air crane should be locked by the rail clamp, the iron shoes should be plugged, and the anchor should be inserted.